We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, Contribute to the map, or place an order for Map API services.
We collect different information according to the following scenarios:
Hivemapper collects information to provide Services to you in the performance of a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in better understanding our customer’s interactions and to create better products and services. We also share personal information we collect from the site to third parties that assist us in supporting us in providing our services, in understanding how you use our Services, and to provide advertising to us and on our behalf. These third parties are obligated to protect the information they process on our behalf in accordance with our policies and applicable law. Specifically, Hivemapper collects and uses Users' personal information for the following purposes:
(1) To improve our Services - We continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. For example, user information will aid our engineering team in solving bugs and improving the user experience.
(2) To process transactions - We will use the information you provide to process your order or to make payment to you. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services, e.g., Stripe and PayPal.
(3) To send periodic emails - Your email address will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It also may be used to respond to your inquiries. You may receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
(4) Protect our rights or comply with legitimate legal processes - We may disclose your email address to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Hivemapper; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request; or to protect Hivemapper's rights or property or the safety of Hivemapper, our customers, employees, or others
(5) Sale or merger - We also may disclose some of your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of Hivemapper’s assets.
(7) We retain the information we collect for as long as we need for the above mentioned legitimate business purposes.
Also, California law permits Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to the contact information below with "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
We adopt data collection, storage and processing technical and organizational measures to secure and protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Services. While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and our Terms and Conditions prohibit children under 13 from using our Services. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13.
Hivemapper operates in the United States of America, under U.S. law. Any information you choose to send to this Site or Hivemapper will be transferred to Hivemapper in the U.S., and its service providers, subject to the laws of the United States. Some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, do not consider the U.S. legal system to offer protections that are "adequate" in their judgment. If you do not wish your information to subject to U.S. law, please do not send it to Hivemapper.
Physical Address: Hivemapper 1801 Murchison Suite 128 Burlingame, CA 94010
Email address: ops@Hivemapper.com
We welcome your questions, comments, and feedback, and will take steps to respond to you as soon as reasonably possible. If you have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use , or disclosure concern that we have not satisfactorily addressed, you also have the right to contact and lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.