(A) What personally identifiable information we collect from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
(B) The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
(C) What choices we offer, including how to request access to, update or delete your personal information.
(D) Personal Identification Information. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, Contribute to the map, or place an order for Map API services.
Information you give us
We collect different information according to the following scenarios:
(1) Site visitors - When you browse or use our Site (hivemapper.com), we and our third party service providers collect information about the services you use, other websites you've visited and personal preferences. We also may collect your personal location while using our Site. This information includes: device-specific information (such as your operating system, mobile phone network, mobile device ID, and other device-specific unique device identifiers such as your computer's internet protocol (IP) address), user information, specific geographical location and browsing and interaction habits. Our Site may use "cookies" or similar technologies to enhance User experience. A cookie is a small file placed on your device or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site. We use these technologies to collect and store information about you when you interact with services or products that we offer.
(2) All Contributors - If you sign up to become a Contributor to the global map we collect your email address that is provided to us via Google authentication services. We do not collect or ask for a password. Once the mapping network blockchain is live this will change.
(3) Contributions via Android or iPhone Contributor App - If you contribute to the global map via a smartphone we collect precise location information in the background when using the Hivemapper Contributor App for iOS or Android. This location information includes lat, long, time, device operating system, heading, and more. None of this location information is displayed publicly and is never attached to your personal identity publicly or privately.
(4) Contributions via dashcam - If you contribute to the map via a dashcam each video you collect and contribute includes precise location information, and the Hivemapper Contributor App used in tandem with the dashcam also collects precise location information in the background as you drive.
(5) Paid Contributions - If you contribute to the map via smartphone, dashcam, or drone and want to receive payment you will be asked to provide your PayPal email address such that we can send payment. If you are paid more than $600 in one calendar year you will need to provide us with W9 or W8-BEN form and compliance to meet tax regulations.
(6) If you are a customer who purchases and accesses our Map APIs (e.g. Map Image API) we collect the following information - email address, name, address, zip code, credit card information, and/or other billing contact information.
How we use and share collected information
Hivemapper collects information to provide Services to you in the performance of a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in better understanding our customer’s interactions and to create better products and services. We also share personal information we collect from the site to third parties that assist us in supporting us in providing our services, in understanding how you use our Services, and to provide advertising to us and on our behalf. These third parties are obligated to protect the information they process on our behalf in accordance with our policies and applicable law. Specifically, Hivemapper collects and uses Users' personal information for the following purposes:
(2) To process transactions - We will use the information you provide to process your order or to make payment to you. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services, e.g., Stripe and PayPal.
(3) To send periodic emails - Your email address will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It also may be used to respond to your inquiries. You may receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
(4) Sale or merger - We also may disclose some of your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of Hivemapper’s assets.
(7) We retain the information we collect for as long as we need for the above mentioned legitimate business purposes.
Also, California law permits Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to the contact information below with "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
How we protect your information
We adopt data collection, storage and processing technical and organizational measures to secure and protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Services. While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and our Terms and Conditions prohibit children under 13 from using our Services. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13..
Hivemapper operates in the United States of America, under U.S. law. Any information you choose to send to this Site or Hivemapper will be transferred to Hivemapper in the U.S., and its service providers, subject to the laws of the United States. Some jurisdictions, such as the European Union, do not consider the U.S. legal system to offer protections that are "adequate" in their judgment. If you do not wish your information to subject to U.S. law, please do not send it to Hivemapper.
Mail: 101 2nd Suite: 1200 Street San Francisco, CA 94105